Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cow Jumped Over the Moon

Cow Jumped Over the Moon
November 2013

Water Color, Black Archival Ink Pen on Sketch Paper

In this picture I wanted to try some shading by layering the paint. It kind of worked on the moon but not how I had hoped. I had to paint layers with a slightly darker color to get anywhere near the look I wanted. The shading on the cow I thought wans't too bad. The paint for the shading was the same as the dark spots on the cow, just with more water added. Later I realized a slight problem. The shaded part of the cow is facing the moon, or the light sorce (woops!). I practiced making some animals using basic shapes and then adding the detail. I looked through and practiced with drawing books for ideas. I think it really adds alot to the picture, and will make it easier to create characters by getting the baisic shapes down! The color of the sky is much better than in the Cat and the Fiddle picture, I added a little blue in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts about my post? Leave a positive or constructive comment :)