Thursday, November 21, 2013

On the Farm

On the Farm
November 2013
 
Water Color (Transparent), Black Archival Ink Pen,
Colored Pencil (Prismacolor) on Sketch Paper
 
 
This piece is my first water color piece in a really, really long time. I used a regular pencil to sketch it out first, then inked it with pen, painted, then inked and used color pencil to redo some outlines and put in some extra shading. I didn't like how the colored pencil looked on top of the paint creating the shading, maybe I needed to match colors better. I like my ducks, they are very simple in design. I love him looking up expectantly at the cow, just for fun. I like the texture and coloring created by mixing the green and yellow watercolor for the grass. I don't like the cows proportions. They are not right at all in its front legs... but that's learning for you. I'm going to start looking more into drawing books to help me learn proportions and perspectives better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts about my post? Leave a positive or constructive comment :)